Back again. It's been a furious few weeks of gigs, writing and whatnot, and so it continues. Just got my first commission to write for The Guardian this week, and been uncovering lots of musical discoveries in my job as News Editor over at God Is In The TV. From the current crop, I'd recommend:
- School Of Seven Bells: Blissful female vocal retro 80s/90s stuff, reminds me of Madchester era music, glorious 80s electro touches, Cocteau Twins, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Their new album is streaming here. And they play Manchester on the 16th of this month, I believe.
- The Young Veins: Ex Panic! At The Disco members have done their own record with Bryds, 60s girl group, French influences. Their new album is streaming here.
- I was quite liking the sound of Dead Confederate http://www.myspace.com/deadconfederate
- Liking The Joy Formidable http://www.myspace.com/thejoyformidable rated by the Graun.
Anyway, the reason I came on here to post my music journalism. Here's a roundup of the most recent stuff I've done, as requested by my mate John, who makes a bloody good point, that I should put it in one place.
- Here's my review of Kele's new album, The Boxer http://www.godisinthetvzine.co.uk/content/content_detail.php?id=4459&type=Albums
- A long deferred interview with Esben And The Witch http://www.godisinthetvzine.co.uk/content/content_detail.php?id=4440&type=Interviews
- We Are Scientists album 'Barbara'http://www.godisinthetvzine.co.uk/content/content_detail.php?id=4420&type=Albums
- My Interview with house DJ, Sonny Wharton http://www.skiddle.com/news/all/Interview-Sonny-Wharton/6347/
- Live review of The Gaslight Anthem's recent performance at Manchester Academy http://www.skiddle.com/news/all/Review-The-Gaslight-Anthem--Manchester-Academy-/6335/
- a review of hot new Laurel Canyon inspired female singer, Lissie at Night And Day http://www.skiddle.com/news/all/Review-Lissie--Night-and-Day-Manchester-/6279/
- Band of Horses expansive performance at The Ritz http://www.skiddle.com/news/all/Review-Band-of-Horses--Manchester-Ritz/6245/
- An interview with The Undertones & former That Petrol Emotion http://www.skiddle.com/news/all/Interview-The-Undertones/6162/
- Live review of my favourite punk folk duo, Slow Club http://www.skiddle.com/news/all/Review-Slow-Club--Fac251-Manchester-/6096/
- My interview with The Gaslight Anthem, http://www.skiddle.com/news/all/Interview-The-Gaslight-Anthem/6085/
- My Interview With the Mystery Jets http://www.skiddle.com/news/all/Interview-Mystery-Jets/5947/
- Interview with Jacob, the guitarist from The Drums http://www.skiddle.com/news/all/Interview-The-Drums/5837/
- Scottish Festivals roundup http://www.skiddle.com/news/all/Festival-Guide-Scottish-Festivals/5835/
- Interview with Oxfords' nu folksters Stornoway http://www.skiddle.com/news/all/Interview-Stornoway/5816/
- Interview with Mr Scruff. http://www.skiddle.com/news/all/Interview-MR-Scruff-/5789/
- Gogol Bordello live at Manchester Acdemyhttp://www.godisinthetvzine.co.uk/content/content_detail.php?id=4349&type=Live
- Live review of Ash http://www.godisinthetvzine.co.uk/content/content_detail.php?id=4330&type=Live
- Live review of Dot To Dot Festival for Clash Magazine http://www.clashmusic.com/live-review/dot-to-dot-festivalmanchester
Theres plenty more floating about, but that's all I can get hold of for now. That's about 3 months, and 2/3 of the work I've done, not counting daily news stories for GITTV, and a few movie and TV reviews. Busy indeed. Anyway,thanks for reading, and enjoy.