Tuesday, October 12, 2010

In The City 2010

It's that time of year again. October. Weirdly sunny. And it's time for In The City, Manchester's music industry conference, complete with a roster of up and coming bands, as well as an unsigned competition.

I'm looking forward to the debates, particularly on Branding (there's a panel entitled Brand On The Wall), and a keynote interview with Nick Mason of  Pink Floyd, who's this years' big name keynote "In Conversation With", alongside Mick Pickering of Factory / The Hacienda.

Bands-wise, I'm looking foward to Kisses, Team Ghost, No Age, Murkage, and generally just being surprised by discoveries / recommendations.

Oh, and Steve Lemacq and Marc Riley will both be broadcasting live on BBC 6Music live for the event.

I'll be keeping my eye on Twitter, and you can get touch with me there if you're at the event, my handle is:

@abbasali5000

See you there. Oh, and here's some music from the bands that will feature over the three days. (thanx DiS!).

Drowned In The City Of Manchester by sjaycats

No comments: